Tricks to Stage Your Home For Less
If you are ready to put your home on the market, you already know that how it looks can make
a significant difference in the sales price. If you are on a budget and don’t want to hire a
professional stager, there are still some changes you can make which will create a big impact.
- Declutter; pack up extra “everything.” Remove anything you don’t absolutely need from every room, closet and cupboard. A cluttered closet looks small and uninviting.
- Replace curtains, bedding and towels with light neutral colors to make the room look larger and bright.
- Paint a room or two with modern colors.
- Store furniture to make the room look larger.
- Stage the kitchen with wine and fruit. Skip the fake table setting and create an image ofan intimate meal with a nice bottle of wine.
The key to staging is to edit, edit, edit. A small investment in a few storage tubs filled with
books, clothes, pictures and anything unnecessary will go a long way and very inexpensive.